Thursday, January 27, 2011

52 Weeks: Organize your Mind


Bonnie at House of Grace had a post about a book called, “Organize Now!” by Jennifer Ford Berry.  It sounded like it would be helpful so I picked it up.  I’m hoping it will help me with my goals of sticking to the 52 Weeks of Organizing Challenge.



This week’s goals:

- Get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep
            This is a tough one for me.  I tend to stay up late doing things, since the kids don’t go to bed early.  Since I work all day, it’s really the only time I have to get stuff done.  The problem is I know I need at least 7 hours – more like 9.  I NEVER get that though.  My goal for this week will be to get to bed by 11pm each night.

- Jot a short to do list
            I do keep a running to do list in a small notebook in my purse.  Great for when I’m out or at work.  The problem is once I’m home it stays in my purse.  I’ll have to work on getting it out and checking it once I’m home for the night.

- Schedule a 2 minute break 2-3 times a day to spend time alone and just be.
            “Just be”.  Time Alone.  I think I like the sound of that.  ;-)

- Set goals and then break them into doable daily To Do’s
            This seems like it might make it a little less overwhelming to get things done.  I’m going to work on doing things this way rather than the big goal all at once.







Organize your lif


5 comments:

Krajcimama said...

I just bought that book, too! I haven't had a chance to start really looking into it, yet. I was thinking of starting next week since it will be a new month. I'm weird like that - I like to start things at the beginning of the month!

It does look like a really neat book, though! :)

Mama's Viewfinder said...

It has a lot of great information. I'm looking forward to using it! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your goals!

Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki said...

Thanks for linking up at A Home Made by Kiki. This is such a great challenge that Bonnie has going on!

Hot Mess Mom said...

LOL I can't remember the last time I had 7 hours of sleep! My last one is usually asleep by 930 and after that I have my "me" time... when I relax, clean, get outfits and lunches ready for the next day, oftentimes eat dinner for myself finally, and as of late... stay up until all hours reading and writing blog posts! :)

I'm following you from the Fun Follow Friday! I'd love for you to return the favor and follow back! :)

http://learningtolivemybestlifein365days.blogspot.com/