Sunday, July 25, 2010

It All Falls Down

Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right?  Yeah?  Well, I'm having one of those months.  It seems like everything around us is falling apart.  It started with the check engine light coming on in the car, then the heater broke, then the check engine light came on again, and finally tonight the garage door stuck open. These were only the major things.  We won't even mention all the little day to day stuff.

Luckily, my husband is a pretty handy guy and fixed most of these things.  We're still left with a broken heater, that will have to be replaced before winter and will suck up all money and available credit.  Sigh. 

I decided, in an effort to start saving more for that, we should use coupons and plan better.  I've been browsing some Frugal blogs to learn more about couponing.  I am overwhelmed by the amount of information.  When that happens, I tend to give up.

We are pretty well stocked and should only need fresh fruits/veggies and milk in the near future.  So I'll keep reading and trying to figure out how to go about this.  I know how to actually use a coupon, it's mostly the planning, matching and organizing that have me stumped.

Any advice for a complete beginner on couponing?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi..stopping by from Friday's blog hop. I know...a little late :) I just started cutting coupons myself. I have not ventured to get as crazy as som people, but you really can save money. I guess every little bit helps!